Memorial Weekend Part 2

The fun continues

Saturday was here and while it was a bit chilly, we were set on trying out the Kayak we had gotten for Christmas.  It is inflatable and fits under the bed. While lunch was cooking over the fire, Lucas worked on getting it inflated.  Some of the others were going to take the boat out, so we hitched a ride part way toward the lake, back to site 3 from last fall.  We didn't really know what we were doing, but it couldn't be that hard, right?  Lucas had a fishing pole, we had paddles and we were off. 

We spent a couple hours out on the lake. No fish and a bit on confusion over which direction we were headed, but it was a very peaceful afternoon and the views were incredible. I think we may just be fairly decent kayakers someday. 

Somebody had a little trouble getting out of the boat though, guess he is gonna have to work on his dismount. 

The rest of Saturday was spent relaxing and taking a few UTV rides.  Pretty sure Brooke spent most of the day on the four wheeler. 

Sunday was project number two, a back up camera.  We aren't a huge vehicle, but to this point have been counting on me to hop out and direct him backwards into campsites. One day I saw a random box from Amazon in the camper and said whats this? A new back up camera - welp guess that tells you how well I've done at that job.  Truth me told, you cant really see anything except semis out the back windows and this one lets you see behind you while driving, so it was a smart idea.  Project #2 did not take nearly as long as #1, and turned out really well. 

That afternoon was the annual disc golf tournament. Tyler, Sierra and Brooke had spent time while we were installing the camera, getting the course all set up.  We decided to just keep score in our heads and not write anything down.  Pretty sure I lost count half way through, but others did a bit better. I wasn't in any danger of coming in first, so I wasn't too worried about it.  In the end we think it was a tie between Brooke and Tim, but who really knows. 

When the tournament was done, we took a four wheeler ride to  Four Seasons Resort in Pembine to listen to some live music.

I did break down and shower on Sunday, even if that meant puffy air dried hair. It was completely worth it! Stay tuned for the outdoor shower we have in mind.  

Monday we pretty much packed up and headed home.  I would say overall we did pretty well for our first longish trip.  We may now be a bit overly confident because we have planned a 10 day trip in July to the UP. Wish us luck! 


Popular posts from this blog

Finally Got My White Kitchen!

Checking things off the list

Memorial Weekend Part 1